Re: Direct Sampling frequency limit in r 1628 onwards #sdrsharp #spyserver

Martin - G8JNJ

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 08:31 am, David J Taylor wrote:
Thanks for your report, Martin. For the reasons you state, I guess you will already have an Airspy HF+ on order!
Ha maybe :-)

Although I'm quite happy with my KiWi SDR's, so perhaps not just yet, I like to let designs settle down a bit first and the early adopters to be the Beta testers for me....

The particular application I had in mind for the cheap dongles requires something to be as low cost as possible, almost a throw away item. It only needs to be good enough for the purpose.

Judging from the woeful performance of many existing WEB SDR's etc. I suspect that only a few folks will have a good enough antenna system and low enough noise floor to be able to take full advantage of the sensitivity and dynamic range of the HF+.

In many cases these days an 'average' performance receiver is probably good enough. Although that still shouldn't stop us striving for the best performance possible to deal with 'edge cases'

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ