Re: Official Spy Servers Page #sdrsharp #spyserver

David Ranch

Hello Prog,

Btw, while I think the web listing of running SpyServers is a great start, I do think that this will need to move to a self-publish model.  This is where remote Spyserver stations would notify your website that they are up with some sort of keep alive, say every hour.  Something like PSKReporter ssy.  Without this, this email list will slowly fill up with people asking why X, Y, or Z remote Spyservers aren't working.  That's all noise that I don't think any of us want to see.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work on the hardware and software that you do!  All quality stuff, with usable interfaces, at reasonable price points that few have met.  I do continue to hope to see SDR# for LInux though!  Maybe it now works under Wine but I haven't tried in a very long time.

--David
KI6ZHD

On 11/04/2017 09:13 AM, om1aeg@... wrote:
Wonder is cooling and optimization, much time with tuning parameters like sample-rate (very problematic, +few Hz and half of power), waterfall fps, buffering. RPi3 can fast overheat, after one minute with CPU on 60% can switch to "half clock" frequency, when is no really good cooled. Passive cooler on CPU and small fan is a must for long operation with CPU >50%

Openwebsdr is with NFM unusable for long listening, also with perfect signal is in audio big noise in cause when no modulation (between words) due some type of audio AGC. Also CW is terrible. Near no progress with updates, no basic function as Notch filter, etc. Therefore im switched on end of june to SPY Server & SDR#, which is now near perfect. Only native android support is missing for me :)