moderated Re: HF+ and UHF Satcom Pirates

Terry Gaff

Most every time I endeavour to update Fltsatcom satellite elements (TLEs) they are very old and/or place FLTSATCOM-8 over south east asia (120 deg East), (the map on Simon's link shows it at 15 deg West, which is where I 'believe' it to be) . I get great reception of these milsats on my 4 el yagi with filtered preamp pointed towards 15W but never sure if it's FLTSATCOM-7 or 8 I'm listening to. Can anybody clear this up for me once and for all ? Where/Are up to date elements available for these particular sats and is FLTSATCOM-8 at 15W OR 120E ?
Sorry to go slightly off topic.
Terry