Re: Official Spy Servers Page #sdrsharp #spyserver

prog

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 09:13 am, <om1aeg@...> wrote:
Wonder is cooling and optimization, much time with tuning parameters like sample-rate (very problematic, +few kHz = half of power), waterfall fps, buffering. RPi3 can fast overheat, after one minute with CPU on 60% can switch to "half clock" frequency, when is no really good cooled. Passive cooler on CPU and small fan is a must for long operation with CPU >50%

Openwebsdr is with NFM unusable for long listening, also with perfect signal is in audio big noise in cause when no modulation (between words) due some type of audio AGC. Also CW is terrible. Near no progress with updates, no basic function as Notch filter, etc. Therefore im switched on end of june to SPY Server & SDR#, which is now near perfect. Only native android support is missing for me :)
Well, different architectures for different purposes. If you factor the FFT display from the equation, the DDC is the main contributor to the CPU usage. In our case, it is optimized for > 100 dB alias rejection at 90% of the bandwidth - probably overkill for RTL's, but not for Airspies.
Interesting to see how it compares vs. an FFT channelizer like the one used in the openwebrx or websdr.