Re: SDR applications that support HD-Radio : was New review of the Airspy R2 for FM DX

Besides the US, HD-Radio is also used in Canada and Mexico. Not sure about anywhere else.

-Ray  WB6TPU

From: airspy@groups.io [mailto:airspy@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Ranch
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 12:20 PM
To: airspy@groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] SDR applications that support HD-Radio : was New review of the Airspy R2 for FM DX

Hello Alan,

Yes, HD-Radio is a USA centric (or is that exclusive?) technology and yes, it's strange that there isn't much SDR software (free) developed in the USA either.  There are some programs out there that can decode DAB now but still, no HD-Radio.  If I was to guess, it has to deal with patents, licensing, etc.. but I would think this would be addressable via an SDR plugin with a sprinkling of DRM (shudder).

I still think there is a market out there for this though.

--David
KI6ZHD

On 08/08/2017 10:37 AM, Alan Melia wrote:

Hi David could it be an NIH syndrome ......it is a "Local" mode and I think the s/w you mention is predominantly generated in Europe, and I guess we dont have it here. Needs a clever US coder to get to work. :-))

Alan

G3NYK