Re: Timing

jdow

Your message below stripped of all but fixed items is 5,927 BYTEs, 8k on disk. Stripped of the HTML it is 3,770 BYTEs. That 2.2 k of extra trash is probably not worth the fancy font switching you use for your sig block to most people. And that was just a simple short message with minimal fancy in it.

As for myself - I don't care, although I feel more comfortable from a malware standpoint with plain text. The extra size is minimal compared to receiving the firehose from the Linux Kernel Mailing List.

{o.o}

On 2017-08-01 08:25, Alberto I2PHD wrote:
On 8/1/2017 9:58 AM, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:

Sorry, can't agree there. When a response saying e.g. "Yes" occupies tens
of kilobytes there's something grossly wrong.....
If an HTML message consisting just of an "Yes" occupies tens of kB, then it was composed with a rotten
email agent... maybe Outlook or some other Micro$oft's disgusting applications...
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*
Credo Ut Intelligam/