Von: airspy@yahoogroups.co.uk [mailto:airspy@yahoogroups.co.uk]
Gesendet: Montag, 2. Februar 2015 11:26
An: airspy@yahoogroups.co.uk
Betreff: [airspy] Airspy architecture

A few naive questions, originated from my attempt to understand the
architecture of the Airspy.

The tuner is an R820T2, which converts in the analog domain down to a low
IF, just above 4 MHz.

First question : from the simplified block diagram of that chip, it
doesn't seem to use a quadrature
mixer. That notwithstanding, the image rejection reported from its data
sheet is 65 dBc... how is
that possible ?

A more detailed look shows that it has two IF outputs, pin 12 and pin 13,
marked as IF N and IF P.
In the unconfirmed hypothesis that those outputs are actually I and Q, in
other words the mixer
is as a matter of facts a quadrature mixer, then those two outputs must be
digitized by the
12-bit, 80 MHz high speed ADC of the NXP LPC-4370 processor, which is a
single ADC.
So it should work in a time interleaved fashion... is this correct ?

A bit of light on the Airspy architecture would be welcome, thanks.

--
73 Alberto I2PHD
Credo Ut Intelligam

Avast antivirus software.