Re: Zadig problem?

taidllanfair

Marion, Alan et al.

Many thanks for all your suggestions.

What eventually appears to have made everything run as smooth as silk is to just disregard Zadig and let Windows install a driver.

The dongle appears as Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0) in Device Manager and the driver provider as libusbx.org.

If I then run Zadig and let it overwrite Windows’ offering, the dongle appears as Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0) (Interface 0) and the driver provider again as
libusbx.org…

Having installed the Zadig driver over the Windows one nothing appears to have changed â€" SDR# still appears to run properly.

SO, the above begs the question â€" do I just let Windows do its own thing and leave things at that (shades of if it ain’t broken don’t try and mend it…) or should I then install Zadig afterwards?

Hopefully the above will work on my other pc, I’ll find out later this evening.

Thanks again for all your help and encouragement.

Mike - I know my XP Pro MCE is well past its sell time… I tried W7 (both the grandkids have it on their laptops) but I could never get used to it. Having retired fifteen years ago I suppose I’m getting a bit long in the tooth to try new things â€" apart maybe from SDR - so I stick to things I know and understand â€" well understand ‘reasonably' well!! If and when this old Dell dies I’ll maybe take the plunge…

Thanks guys.

--- In SDRSharp@..., Marion D. Kitchens <k4gok@...> wrote:

I did that for the sole purpose of getting rid of that blasted Windows
"Found New Hardware" every time I booted my computer.

John's post reminded me of what I had to do. John may have other
problems in addition. Hope he resolves them soon......

Marion

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 20:43:32 -0000 "Alan" <alan4alan@...>