Re: [SDRSharp] Re: Computer Requirements to run SDR#

Alberto I2PHD

On 9/2/2013 2:55 PM, Simon Brown wrote:

Most SDR programs use GDI+ which itself does not support hardware
acceleration.

Yes, correct. That's why I have ever avoided using GDI+, sticking to bare GDI.

GDI+ has more functions, granted, but if you, like me, do not like filled spectrums,
or other embellishments that add nothing in terms of information contents, then
you do not have much reasons to use GDI+. What GDI offers is enough for the
spectrum/waterfall of an SDR.

On 9/2/2013 2:48 PM, don_wa5ngp wrote:
Is there a way when you compile the code that you can tell it to avoid .net?
I have a another laptop that I used to use for turbotax.
When turbotax switched to .net turbotax became practically useless.

I am afraid that's a decision of the developer, not of the user. The program must have
been designed so that to stay away from the dreaded .NET, which is just a trick
devised my Micro$oft to make difficult to port applications to different platforms.
In other words, do not use C# which requires .NET, but use the more efficient C++.

--
73 Alberto I2PHD