From: airbattle@groups.io <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2022 7:55:42 PM
To: Airbattle <airbattle@groups.io>
Subject: [airbattle] The US Navy Put Cameras on Dolphins And The Results Are Wild : ScienceAlert

This quote:
On approaching prey, click intervals shorten into a terminal buzz and then a squeal. On contact with fish, buzzing and squealing was almost constant until after the fish was swallowed.

is nothing less than active homing dolphins switching from medium PRF to high PRF to CW guidance as the range closes — just like radars

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-us-navy-put-cameras-on-dolphins-and-the-results-are-wild

--Killjoy

Philip Markgraf

The best part is when you hear one dolphin clearly saying “I can’t get a fucking tone!”

On Aug 18, 2022, at 6:55 PM, Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

This quote:
On approaching prey, click intervals shorten into a terminal buzz and then a squeal. On contact with fish, buzzing and squealing was almost constant until after the fish was swallowed.

is nothing less than active homing dolphins switching from medium PRF to high PRF to CW guidance as the range closes — just like radars

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-us-navy-put-cameras-on-dolphins-and-the-results-are-wild

--Killjoy

Mueller, Karl

But I thought the constant “feet wet” calls were a bit unnecessary.

From: <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of "Philip Markgraf via groups.io" <philip_markgraf@...>
Date: Friday, August 19, 2022 at 11:20 AM
To: "airbattle@groups.io" <airbattle@groups.io>

The best part is when you hear one dolphin clearly saying “I can’t get a fucking tone!”

On Aug 18, 2022, at 6:55 PM, Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

This quote:

On approaching prey, click intervals shorten into a terminal buzz and then a squeal. On contact with fish, buzzing and squealing was almost constant until after the fish was swallowed.

is nothing less than active homing dolphins switching from medium PRF to high PRF to CW guidance as the range closes — just like radars

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-us-navy-put-cameras-on-dolphins-and-the-results-are-wild

--Killjoy

may contain information that is sensitive, proprietary, and/or privileged.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Tony Valle

From: <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of "Philip Markgraf via groups.io" <philip_markgraf@...>
Date: Friday, August 19, 2022 at 11:20 AM
To: "airbattle@groups.io" <airbattle@groups.io>

[...]

[...]