The US Navy Put Cameras on Dolphins And The Results Are Wild : ScienceAlert

Tony Valle

This quote:
On approaching prey, click intervals shorten into a terminal buzz and then a squeal. On contact with fish, buzzing and squealing was almost constant until after the fish was swallowed.

is nothing less than active homing dolphins switching from medium PRF to high PRF to CW guidance as the range closes — just like radars

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-us-navy-put-cameras-on-dolphins-and-the-results-are-wild

--Killjoy

Sean "Kahuna" Keohane

Very cool.  

From: airbattle@groups.io <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2022 7:55:42 PM
To: Airbattle <airbattle@groups.io>
Subject: [airbattle] The US Navy Put Cameras on Dolphins And The Results Are Wild : ScienceAlert

This quote:
On approaching prey, click intervals shorten into a terminal buzz and then a squeal. On contact with fish, buzzing and squealing was almost constant until after the fish was swallowed.

is nothing less than active homing dolphins switching from medium PRF to high PRF to CW guidance as the range closes — just like radars

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-us-navy-put-cameras-on-dolphins-and-the-results-are-wild

--Killjoy

Philip Markgraf

The best part is when you hear one dolphin clearly saying “I can’t get a fucking tone!”

On Aug 18, 2022, at 6:55 PM, Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

This quote:

--Killjoy

Mueller, Karl

But I thought the constant “feet wet” calls were a bit unnecessary.

From: <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of "Philip Markgraf via groups.io" <philip_markgraf@...>
Reply-To: "airbattle@groups.io" <airbattle@groups.io>
Date: Friday, August 19, 2022 at 11:20 AM
To: "airbattle@groups.io" <airbattle@groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [airbattle] The US Navy Put Cameras on Dolphins And The Results Are Wild : ScienceAlert

The best part is when you hear one dolphin clearly saying “I can’t get a fucking tone!”

This quote:

--Killjoy

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain information that is sensitive, proprietary, and/or privileged.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Tony Valle

On Aug 19, 2022, 10:25 AM -0600, Mueller, Karl <mueller@...>, wrote:

From: <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of "Philip Markgraf via groups.io" <philip_markgraf@...>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [airbattle] The US Navy Put Cameras on Dolphins And The Results Are Wild : ScienceAlert

This quote:

--Killjoy

Thomas Russ

Too close for teeth, switching to gums.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 9:28 AM Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

--Killjoy

From: <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of "Philip Markgraf via groups.io" <philip_markgraf=mac.com@groups.io>

This quote:

--Killjoy

Tony Valle

That pun physically hurt me and my wife 

--Killjoy

On Aug 19, 2022, 23:48 -0600, Thomas Russ <taruss2000@...>, wrote:
Too close for teeth, switching to gums.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 9:28 AM Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

--Killjoy

From: <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of "Philip Markgraf via groups.io" <philip_markgraf=mac.com@groups.io>

This quote:

--Killjoy