Most current printing of BoP 1.0

Peter Farrow

Darkstar,

What is the most current printing of the core BoP game as of August 2022? To the best of my knowledge, BoP 2.0 has not been published in printed form so this would be a version of BoP 1.0. I know there are updated printed BoP 1.0 materials as of Apr. 26, 2018 (ex. ADA 31000-RB: v1.1.18, ADA 31000-TU: v1.0.05). Is this the most current printing or are their more current materials?

Thanks,
Peter  

Philip Markgraf

I think those are the latest. Second edition will be the next version released. I am not doing anything with the first edition materials.

One fair criticism is I am FAR better at making ADCs than I am at writing rules. I am grindingly slow at rules writing. But there is progress being made. My apologies for it this not moving along faster.

Best regards,
Phil

On Aug 3, 2022, at 9:33 AM, Peter Farrow via groups.io <peterwfarrow@...> wrote:

Darkstar,

What is the most current printing of the core BoP game as of August 2022? To the best of my knowledge, BoP 2.0 has not been published in printed form so this would be a version of BoP 1.0. I know there are updated printed BoP 1.0 materials as of Apr. 26, 2018 (ex. ADA 31000-RB: v1.1.18, ADA 31000-TU: v1.0.05). Is this the most current printing or are their more current materials?

Thanks,
Peter  

Tony Valle

Apologies? Goodness no! Especially when trying to hit a moving target since I’m always coming with new things.

Of course, if the new things weren’t *better* you wouldn’t be tempted to keep incorporating them. Maybe I should just come up with more worse things….

--Killjoy

On Aug 3, 2022, 12:50 PM -0600, Philip Markgraf via groups.io <philip_markgraf@...>, wrote:
I think those are the latest. Second edition will be the next version released. I am not doing anything with the first edition materials.

One fair criticism is I am FAR better at making ADCs than I am at writing rules. I am grindingly slow at rules writing. But there is progress being made. My apologies for it this not moving along faster.

Best regards,
Phil

On Aug 3, 2022, at 9:33 AM, Peter Farrow via groups.io <peterwfarrow@...> wrote:

Darkstar,

Thanks,
Peter  

Sean "Kahuna" Keohane

You can download the V2 materials 

From: airbattle@groups.io <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 12:53:31 PM
To: airbattle@groups.io <airbattle@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [airbattle] Most current printing of BoP 1.0

Apologies? Goodness no! Especially when trying to hit a moving target since I’m always coming with new things.

Of course, if the new things weren’t *better* you wouldn’t be tempted to keep incorporating them. Maybe I should just come up with more worse things….

--Killjoy
On Aug 3, 2022, 12:50 PM -0600, Philip Markgraf via groups.io <philip_markgraf@...>, wrote:

Best regards,
Phil

Darkstar,

Thanks,
Peter  

Peter Farrow

Glad I have the latest and greatest 1.0 rules. Thanks for the information Phil! 

I am planning on working my way through the 1.0 tutorial but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on 2.0 rules which it would be good to learn from the beginning. Are there 1.0 only PBEM games or are most games using the new 2.0 rules for things like pipper-on, gunshot resolution, and rolling and I am unlikely to need to know the older version of these rules? 

Sean "Kahuna" Keohane

The V2 rules are in the files section. Many improvements, especially turning and sighting.  

From: airbattle@groups.io <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of Peter Farrow via groups.io <peterwfarrow@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 5:22:24 PM

I am planning on working my way through the 1.0 tutorial but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on 2.0 rules which it would be good to learn from the beginning. Are there 1.0 only PBEM games or are most games using the new 2.0 rules for things like pipper-on, gunshot resolution, and rolling and I am unlikely to need to know the older version of these rules? 

Philip Markgraf

Of course, the best way to learn Birds of Prey is slightly more than one month away, in Pensacola Florida. New Birds of Prey players get first class treatment by our very welcoming community.

When: September 8 - Septermber 11, 2022
Where: Pensacola, Florida, USA (alternatively, fly into Mobile, Alabama)

Venue: Homewood Suites Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)
call to book at +1 850-474-3777 - booking code: “Airbattle Games”
special rate: $159, until August 8

Cost: we ask for a donation sharing the cost of the conference room, about $50
Register Informally at: http://tinyurl.com/BoPCon-2022

Please bring us your learning questions here. We are very happy to help out! Even if you can’t make it to the convention.

— Shaken - out --

(Peter Farrow)

Thomas Russ

I second Kahuna's suggestions:
* The new turning and rolling rules are the most important, in my opinion.
* The 2.0 visual sighting rules are pretty solid and worth learning.

Missiles are also a lot better, especially for close-in, but there is still some flux around them and I'm not sure of the write-up status of those rules.
Finally, gunshots have also changed, but there are still a couple of rough edges there.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 5:52 PM Sean "Kahuna" Keohane <yurf_d@...> wrote:
The V2 rules are in the files section. Many improvements, especially turning and sighting.  

From: airbattle@groups.io <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of Peter Farrow via groups.io <peterwfarrow=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Sean "Kahuna" Keohane

Most games are 2.0. Best way to learn the game is to play it.  Specific questions are always answered really well by the designers and players.  

From: airbattle@groups.io <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of Thomas Russ <taruss2000@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 11:40:44 PM

I second Kahuna's suggestions:
* The new turning and rolling rules are the most important, in my opinion.
* The 2.0 visual sighting rules are pretty solid and worth learning.

Missiles are also a lot better, especially for close-in, but there is still some flux around them and I'm not sure of the write-up status of those rules.
Finally, gunshots have also changed, but there are still a couple of rough edges there.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 5:52 PM Sean "Kahuna" Keohane <yurf_d@...> wrote:

From: airbattle@groups.io <airbattle@groups.io> on behalf of Peter Farrow via groups.io <peterwfarrow=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Peter Farrow

Thanks for the thoughts everyone!