Cool Visitors

Tony Valle

On Monday I did a long Angel Flight and while taxiing back to my hangar got to see a Raptor taking off wheels up right beside me. And today I was coming back from an oil change and saw what looked to be 4 Alpha Jets coming into the ramp in Marine livery.

--Killjoy

Philip Markgraf

Nifty! What is a Marine marked Alpha Jet? Can someone find a photo?

On my way to work today I was overflown by a four V-22 flying quite low in helicopter mode, and showing no indication of climbing or transforming. They are considerably more noisy in this configuration! I was a bit surprised they seemed to be flying for a long way in this mode. my assumption was they would typically shift into airplane mode as soon as practical.

— Shaken - out —

On Jun 8, 2022, at 1:58 PM, Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

On Monday I did a long Angel Flight and while taxiing back to my hangar got to see a Raptor taking off wheels up right beside me. And today I was coming back from an oil change and saw what looked to be 4 Alpha Jets coming into the ramp in Marine livery.

--Killjoy

David Kenneth Ellis

I hope that Osprey wasn't the one that just went down outside SD.

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022, 6:58 PM Philip Markgraf via groups.io <philip_markgraf=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Nifty! What is a Marine marked Alpha Jet? Can someone find a photo?

On my way to work today I was overflown by a four V-22 flying quite low in helicopter mode, and showing no indication of climbing or transforming. They are considerably more noisy in this configuration! I was a bit surprised they seemed to be flying for a long way in this mode. my assumption was they would typically shift into airplane mode as soon as practical.

— Shaken - out —

On Jun 8, 2022, at 1:58 PM, Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

On Monday I did a long Angel Flight and while taxiing back to my hangar got to see a Raptor taking off wheels up right beside me. And today I was coming back from an oil change and saw what looked to be 4 Alpha Jets coming into the ramp in Marine livery.

--Killjoy

I had my players ride in an MC-22 into the mountains of Alaska in search of a downed Chinese Shenzhou capsule. (The game was a playtest of In Harm's Way: Guardians- Adventures in the United States Space Force. I'm the primary writer. It will be out probably by September from Flying Mice Games). One of the players who was ex-USAF reacted very negatively to being forced to ride in an Osprey, citing their high accident rate.

Nothing went wrong with the MC-22 and the player characters managed to save the Taikonauts and recover the capsule, despite getting shot at initially. BTW, the game is set a decade from now so that I can take some optimistic liberties of what the USSF and space travel will be like in the early 2030s.

Not trying to take over the thread, but the mention of Ospreys brought it up in my head. Playtesting is going pretty well. The biggest problem we seem to have is that for the most part, space travel is boring. There's a lot of "let's get to the good part" sentiment...so that's what we do.

Semper Supra!
Scotty

On Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 06:10:11 PM CDT, David Kenneth Ellis <fringeaggressor@...> wrote:

[...]

Thomas Russ

The Ospreys could be related to the Summit of the Americas in downtown LA.

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 3:58 PM Philip Markgraf via groups.io <philip_markgraf=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Nifty! What is a Marine marked Alpha Jet? Can someone find a photo?

On my way to work today I was overflown by a four V-22 flying quite low in helicopter mode, and showing no indication of climbing or transforming. They are considerably more noisy in this configuration! I was a bit surprised they seemed to be flying for a long way in this mode. my assumption was they would typically shift into airplane mode as soon as practical.

— Shaken - out —

On Jun 8, 2022, at 1:58 PM, Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

On Monday I did a long Angel Flight and while taxiing back to my hangar got to see a Raptor taking off wheels up right beside me. And today I was coming back from an oil change and saw what looked to be 4 Alpha Jets coming into the ramp in Marine livery.

--Killjoy

Morten Lund

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 12:58 AM, Philip Markgraf wrote:

Nifty! What is a Marine marked Alpha Jet? Can someone find a photo?
— Shaken - out —

On Jun 8, 2022, at 1:58 PM, Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

On Monday I did a long Angel Flight and while taxiing back to my hangar got to see a Raptor taking off wheels up right beside me. And today I was coming back from an oil change and saw what looked to be 4 Alpha Jets coming into the ramp in Marine livery.

--Killjoy

It might be these guys?

Not explicitly marked MARINES anywhere, but they're Alphajets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYhwaTT9-k

Look at the 9-minute mark

--
.Snipe

Bullseye 041 for 3420

Tony Valle

Different paint job. The ones I saw were two in Marine desert camp and they didn’t have “Marines” on them, the other two were standard shipboard gray with MARINES stencils on the tail.

--Killjoy

On Aug 4, 2022, 7:02 AM -0600, Morten Lund <lezerp@...>, wrote:
On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 12:58 AM, Philip Markgraf wrote:

Nifty! What is a Marine marked Alpha Jet? Can someone find a photo?
— Shaken - out —

On Jun 8, 2022, at 1:58 PM, Tony Valle <airbattle.games@...> wrote:

On Monday I did a long Angel Flight and while taxiing back to my hangar got to see a Raptor taking off wheels up right beside me. And today I was coming back from an oil change and saw what looked to be 4 Alpha Jets coming into the ramp in Marine livery.

--Killjoy

It might be these guys?

Not explicitly marked MARINES anywhere, but they're Alphajets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYhwaTT9-k

Look at the 9-minute mark

--
.Snipe

Bullseye 041 for 3420

markus baur

might be these alpha jets

https://www.topaces.com/our-fleet/dornier-alpha-jet

servus

markus

<airbattle.games@...> wrote:
On Monday I did a long Angel Flight and while taxiing back to my
hangar got to see a Raptor taking off wheels up right beside me.
And today I was coming back from an oil change and saw what
looked to be 4 Alpha Jets coming into the ramp in Marine livery.
--Killjoy
It might be these guys?
Not explicitly marked MARINES anywhere, but they're Alphajets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYhwaTT9-k <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYhwaTT9-k>
Look at the 9-minute mark
--
.Snipe
Bullseye 041 for 3420

Tony Valle

They did seem to be aggressor aircraft, though who they were supporting, I couldn’t guess.

--Killjoy

<airbattle.games@...> wrote:

On Monday I did a long Angel Flight and while taxiing back to my
hangar got to see a Raptor taking off wheels up right beside me.
And today I was coming back from an oil change and saw what
looked to be 4 Alpha Jets coming into the ramp in Marine livery.

--Killjoy

It might be these guys?

Not explicitly marked MARINES anywhere, but they're Alphajets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYhwaTT9-k
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYhwaTT9-k>

Look at the 9-minute mark

--
.Snipe

Bullseye 041 for 3420

markus baur

i fondly remember building a model of a german alpha jet as a kid .. its a pretty bird

servus

markus

<airbattle.games@...> wrote:

On Monday I did a long Angel Flight and while taxiing back to my
hangar got to see a Raptor taking off wheels up right beside me.
And today I was coming back from an oil change and saw what
looked to be 4 Alpha Jets coming into the ramp in Marine livery.

--Killjoy

It might be these guys?

Not explicitly marked MARINES anywhere, but they're Alphajets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYhwaTT9-k
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYhwaTT9-k>

Look at the 9-minute mark

--
.Snipe

Bullseye 041 for 3420

Tony Valle

I agree — and quite tiny when you see it in person. Bet its great for running WVR aggressors because it’s damn hard to spot.

--Killjoy