ACT for the Public firstname.lastname@example.org
Group DescriptionThe prevailing view among both therapists and clients is that a more vital life can be attained by overcoming negative thoughts and feelings. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a unique behavior change approach based on modern learning theory and Relational Frame Theory (RFT) that emphasizes instead the role of mindfulenss and commitment strategies, including acceptance, defusion, contact with the present moment, a transcendent sense of self, values, and creating larger patterns of committed action. ACT appears to apply not just to the clinic, but to a wide range of issues faced by human beings. This list serves as a forum for non-professionals to discuss ACT. It is not meant to deal with requests for specific professional advice, but it will deal broadly with common personal problems.
If you are a professional (therapist / researcher / graduate student in the area) you can also join, but this is a lay list, not the professional / student list that deal specifically with how to do ACT etc. You can join the professional list by joining ACBS at http://contextualscience.org
- 2,373 Members
- 5,136 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.