Re: New Big-Y files needed

Jared Smith

I'd certainly recommend that anyone that has done autosomal testing to
upload their results to GedMatch.com. This site provides a great way
to find matches from all of the major testing companies. If you've not
used it, I wrote a tutorial that may be helpful -
http://smithplanet.com/stuff/gedmatch.htm

It would be a good idea to check your GedMatch one-to-many list for
the surnames of folks in this group. It's most likely that our shared
direct male line ancestors are too far back to have shared autosomal
DNA from them, but it's possible we're related in other ways.

Thanks,

Jared

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 9:03 AM, Thomas Goff <thomasgoff94@...> wrote:
Thanks, sounds good.

btw, forgot to mention. I took advantage of some sales on other DNA testing.
My 23andme test are in and waiting for Ancestry.com results. Let me know if
you are interested with these results.

Best,
Tom

On Monday, January 8, 2018, 10:20:48 AM EST, Jared Smith
<jared@...> wrote:

Thomas -

That is correct. This is only for those that have done the Big-Y test. If
any new SNP testing looks viable for you after the analysis, I'll certainly
let you know.

Thanks,

Jared

Join Z16357@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.