Re: New Big-Y files needed

Thomas Goff

Hello Jared,

Happy new year and hope you are well!

It looks like the link you sent are for those who have done the Big-Y test. I haven't taken Big-Y, but I have attached an image of what is available for my download. Please let me know if any of these are useful.

Thanks,
Tom

Inline image

On Sunday, January 7, 2018, 7:01:29 PM EST, Jared Smith <jared@...> wrote:

Hi all! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and I wish you all
the best in this new year!

I'm still in need of quite a few new Build 38 files to update my
analysis. I've received Raw Data files for the following:
- J Hartley
- C Hays
- Bennett

I know there were some difficulties with the file size of the Raw Data
file, which is the critical one for my analysis. Fortunately, I've
discovered a much easier way to get the Raw Data file that doesn't
involve you downloading it at all:

1. Log in to familytreedna.com
2. Go to https://www.familytreedna.com/my/big-y (or click MyFTDNA...
Big-Y... Matches)
3. Select the "Download Raw Data" button near the top right of the screen.
4. Right-click on the green "Download VCF" (NOT "Download BAM") button
at the bottom of the screen, and select "Copy Link Address". This menu
options might also be called "Copy Link Location" or similar,
depending on the browser you're using.
prefer) and paste (Control or Command + V) in the long web site
address, then send to me.

It would be very helpful for our project if you could send this to me.

I also strongly encourage you to share your Raw Data file to the new
Y-DNA Data Warehouse. This will allow other researchers to analyze the
data to help build our tree. Instructions are at
http://haplogroup-r.org/instructions.html You use the same copied Link
Address as above, so it's very easy to submit.

Thanks,

Jared

Join Z16357@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.