YCSP@groups.io`York County Star Party
UPDATE FEBRUARY 2, 2020....MEETING WITH PARK SUPERVISORS HELD JANUARY 30. UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS:
1. MAXIMUM ATTENDANCE SET BY PA PARKS: 100 TOTAL of both fields. Camping field may only be around 75. I will try to map when warmer
2. RULES ABOUT RV/camper PARKING: At my discretion, using common sense about large RVs vs. smaller campers.
3. THAT BEING SAID, I AM LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THE FIELD. (NOTE:this might allow 2-axle campers, depending on size and weight)
4. RAFFLES/ GAMES OF CHANCE ARE NOT ALLOWED. I am exploring any alowable options.
5. HOLIDAY WEEKENDS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE FUTURE. OTHER WEEKENDS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
6. COSTS HAVE DOUBLED FROM LAST YEAR. I would appreciate having help getting people to register for each party ASAP, or I will not be able to afford doing this very long. Or I will need to raise the prices dramatically in the future. I can't depend on the weather any more than you can. Please consider circulating info via your club newsletters, and please send ASTRONOMY EVENT CALENDAR LINKS TO ME so I can update their info ASAP.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE. The door is open to make this a long-term location for our event. PLEASE SUPPORT IT!
UPDATE JANUARY 21, 2020
///**** 2020 Dates: TWO PARTIES..MAY 22-25 AND SEPTEMBER 16-20 ********///
HELLO ALL !
The registration page has been designed and made active Thursday January 16, 2020, thanks to the efforts of BJ Gollatz, one of the members of the local club that has supported the star party for about 20 years.
Each party is listed separately on the same page, and BJ referred to them as the May "Virgo Cluster Party" and the September "Andromeda Party" to distinguish registrations.
There are 3 reasons to register early: IN LESS THAN A WEEK WE HAVE MORE THAN A DOZEN SOULS REGISTERED.
1. There are a lot of expenses behind the scenes, so if you register, I can plan the budget better
2. There is a maximum size for attendance without ending up under trees, and I'm getting interest from people 2-4 hours away. I have no idea how many the 2 fields (tents and RVS) can hold (75? 150?), but I will need to go there (closer to spring!) to check it out and possibly measure spaces for attendees to get an idea.
3. If I can interest a food vendor for the MAY Virgo Cluster party, it will help if they know they will have some customers. Busy Bee already committed to the September party. As an alternative, using the BBQ grills, driving to area eateries, or bringing camp stoves are welcome. No open ground fires allowed.
I will send a follow up to this email to help answer the most common questions, as we proceed to update the website ASAP.
Thanks everyone to helping to keep YOUR party going all these years! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again! Stay tuned!
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.