Introduction to Publicity
- Dates: January 21 – Feb 1
- Instructor: Heather Riccio
About the course: You’ve written a novel, now what? Even if you are with a publishing house, you can benefit from this class. Learn the tricks of the trade. Blog tours are all about visibility, but it’s the reviews that count. You aren’t just selling your novel, you’re selling you. Become friends with your readers and they’ll help you sell, sell, sell. Also, now more than ever, you need to do some form of social media, and do it well. Does that mean you have to have a Twitter account, Facebook account, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram…no, but you do need to have some social presence and need to know how to navigate the one that you choose. Have questions? I have you covered.
About the instructor: Heather Riccio earned her M.F.A. in fiction writing from the University of California, Riverside, Palm Desert Campus, and her B.A. in Liberal Studies (emphasis in English and creative writing) and B.S. in anthropology from the University of California, Riverside. She has worked with Entangled since December 2011, utilizing her strong background in marketing and publicity to work her way up to assistant to publisher.
- 6 Members
- 2 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Group Email Addresses