Beta Version 7.14 available

XMLog Support

Beta version 7.14 of XMLog is available at www.xmlog.com/beta

This version contains a substantial internal reorganization of how counties are handled.  Here's the notes from the changes.txt file...

 - Reorganized XMLog's internal county handling.  LoTW is now allowing
county values that are actually "Independent Cities". These values
were being treated as errors when XMLog applied LoTW data to a log file.
We now allow these values and move them to the "County" field but ignore
them for purposes of Awards/Counties reports. "Independent Cities" are
not part of any county and can be found in VA (mostly), MD, MO, and NV.
To make things a bit more confusing some independent cities are located
within a county of the same name, for example Virginia contains an
independent city "Richmond City" within "Richmond" county.

 - As part of the county reorganization XMLog now allows county
values that may be supplied by LoTW for Japanese QSOs. These values
correspond to Japanese cities, wards, ku, and guns. The values are
not checked to see if they are valid but they are checked for
form (that is, numeric and from 4-6 digits). LoTW may also supply
a Japanese prefecture as the state in the form of a two digit numeric
value. This prefecture duplicates the first two digits of the
county value.

 - The main effect of this county reorganization is the elimination
of the error messages displayed for "Independent Cities" and Japanese
county/state values during an XMLog LoTW import.

Jim W7EED

Hi Mike,

I installed 7.14 and I get an error message, below, when I launch it.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks Mike!
--
73,
Jim W7EED

--
73,
Jim W7EED

Yutaka Sakurai

I am encountering the same error as Jim's.

The Japanese prefecture feature for LoTW downloading works fine.
It is very nice.
Thank you very much.

Yutaka, JQ2GYU