Topics

XLQ with Office 365

David Smithers

Hi,

Does anyone know if XLQ can be used with Excel in Office 365 or does the spreadsheet program have to be resident on the computer with XLQ?

Many thanks

David

Leo

Hi David

Office 365 includes the installed  version of excel, and xlq can be used with it. Xlq will not work with online versions of excel as they do not support addins.

Regards

Leo

---In xlqusers@..., <david@...> wrote :

Hi,

Does anyone know if XLQ can be used with Excel in Office 365 or does the spreadsheet program have to be resident on the computer with XLQ?

Many thanks

David

dinero4fun@...

I'm sure the answer is "no", but any compatibility with excel for Ipad and XLQ?

Leo

Hi

No. xlq cannot work with non windows versions of excel. They are lite versions of excel which do not support addins.

Regards

Leo

---In xlqusers@..., <dinero4fun@...> wrote :

I'm sure the answer is "no", but any compatibility with excel for Ipad and XLQ?

steve.cullinan@...

is this still true, with the latest update I now see add-ins on the menu - Excel for Ipad

Leo

Hi

Still true. They are not the same kind of add ins. The addins are what used to be called apps for office. It is a step closer but it is still not possible to replicate xlq for the ipad. Excel for ipad still lacks a lot of internal functionality, but I will experiment more with it.

Regards

Leo

---In xlqusers@..., <steve.cullinan@...> wrote :

is this still true, with the latest update I now see add-ins on the menu - Excel for Ipad

steve.cullinan@...

From Microsoft Office Blog.

Jacob Rützou
Are there any plans to incorporate macro capabilities in the iPad apps?

Onagoruwa (FALUSI)
Thanks Jacob for your comment. Right now there are no plans to incorporate Macro into the Office apps on iOS, because current App Store guidelines prohibit download and execution of additional code. We’ll continue to track this request.

Richard Wize

Leo,

Does the latest Ipad Pro with Excel work with XLQ?

Thx,

Rick

Leo

Hi Rick

No, xlq works with the full version of excel, i.e. the excel windows version.

Regards

Leo

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 09:57 PM, Richard Wize wrote:
Leo,

Does the latest Ipad Pro with Excel work with XLQ?

Thx,

Rick

AF Eaton

Leo,

Please clarify, does XLQ2 have a problem with Excel 365 on a Windows 10 machine?

Al Eaton

afeaton@...

No, xlq works with the full version of excel, i.e. the excel windows version.

Regards

Leo

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 09:57 PM, Richard Wize wrote:

Leo,

Does the latest Ipad Pro with Excel work with XLQ?

Thx,

Rick

Michael Maher

No it doesn’t have a problem – it works a treat.