Topics

XLQ Stopping


Mike Talvola
 

I had XLQ stop today - restarting Excel or even rebooting behaved
exactly the same in that XLQ would stop while going through the startup
of my sheet.  In chasing the problem, Leo suggested he was looking at
tda for certain symbols.  Sure enough, I have a short list of symbols
that causes the stop for me.  When I took that set of symbols out,
everything else in my complex sheets worked completely normally.

I passed the list on to Leo to help with his pinning down what is going on.

Mike


Leo
 

Hi Mike

 

Yes, thanks to your list (and Rich’s) I have found the problem and am preparing an update, which is caused by a buffer overrun as the data is exceeding the expected size. It is new and probably unintended as 2 symbol that cause the problem both have an extra comment appended which should not normally be there.

 

For both symbols (LMRKP and AMCN) the extra data is the same, i.e. Status Alert: Deficient

All other symbols tested work as expected.

 

I will let you know when an update is ready. In the mean time you can avoid these symbols (and maybe others?)

 

Thanks and Regards

 

Leo

 



---In xlqusers@..., <michael.talvola@...> wrote :

I had XLQ stop today - restarting Excel or even rebooting behaved
exactly the same in that XLQ would stop while going through the startup
of my sheet.  In chasing the problem, Leo suggested he was looking at
tda for certain symbols.  Sure enough, I have a short list of symbols
that causes the stop for me.  When I took that set of symbols out,
everything else in my complex sheets worked completely normally.

I passed the list on to Leo to help with his pinning down what is going on.

Mike


Al Eaton
 

Leo,
My XLQ was working this morning and then I did the Windows 10 update.  Like other people reported XLQ then stopped working,  The Update disabled the XLQ Loader but also deleted the XLQ2Bridge.Bridge file.  I reinstalled XLQ  and re-booted my system.  I opened the XLQ demo file and that worked.  I opened my primary file and it works for a little bit and then fails the works. The problem appears to be instability in the TDA daily data connection. The stream is OK then I get a Connection Error,  disconnect then a reconnect. This happens about every 10 seconds. One symbol, DON, is giving me a little trouble but deleting it does not change the recycling.