Topics

#RANGE #range

Richard Wize

For some reason some of my historic prices are coming back "#RANGE", while others and most of them come back fine.  I am using IQFEED data and it is 7AM eastern time (non market hours).  I have had issues sometimes getting data from IQFEED in non market hours and wasn't exactly sure if the #RANGE error is a data provider issue or something in XLQ.  Any ideas or help?

Lawrence Steinmeyer <whitewater365@...>

One way to troubleshoot might be to try a shorter time period and see if it still comes up as #Range for the stocks in question?

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 7:15 AM Richard Wize <rickbw@...> wrote:
For some reason some of my historic prices are coming back "#RANGE", while others and most of them come back fine.  I am using IQFEED data and it is 7AM eastern time (non market hours).  I have had issues sometimes getting data from IQFEED in non market hours and wasn't exactly sure if the #RANGE error is a data provider issue or something in XLQ.  Any ideas or help?

Leo

Hi Richard

#Range is returned if the formula requests data that is not available for the date parameters, and to understand why you need to look at the underlying data.

In excel use the fx button or formulas / evaluate formula option to see the value of each parameter if they are references, along with the value returned, then in xlq make use of the view data menu to look at the underlying data for the symbol.

Regards

Leo