Topics

Random errors on xlqrhHighestClose

David Stewart

I've got 42 positions across 3 portfolios, and they all behave well, for the most part.  But I am unable to get =xlqrhHighestClose and =xlqrhHighestCloseDate to provide anything except #ERROR on 2 positions: MEDFF, PNC-P.  All of my data comes from TDA, and all other formulae work correctly.

Is anybody else having this kind of problem?

Richard Hill <rich.126@...>

I went over to the demo and input MEDFF, using yahoo as source and it works.  I used the formula of:

=xlqrhHighestClose("Symbol","Date Ref1", "Date Ref2","Source")

It appears that you have to use specific dates, and the one in the demo cell only used one date reference, so it had the following formula:

=xlqrhHighestClose($H$7,H$9,,H$6)

You can see that it put an extra , in the place of the 1 missing date ref.

Hope this helps.

Rich

I've got 42 positions across 3 portfolios, and they all behave well, for the most part.  But I am unable to get =xlqrhHighestClose and =xlqrhHighestCloseDate to provide anything except #ERROR on 2 positions: MEDFF, PNC-P.  All of my data comes from TDA, and all other formulae work correctly.

Is anybody else having this kind of problem?

David Stewart

Thanks, Rich.  I’ve tried using the format in the demo, and it still doesn’t work.  The way I’ve set it up with all of my positions is:

=xlqrhHighestClose(AX, FX)

Where column A contains the Symbol, column F contains the purchase date, and X is the row. 40 stocks work just fine, and these two don’t.  Not a huge deal, but it prevents me from automatically calculating my trailing stops.

David

I've got 42 positions across 3 portfolios, and they all behave well, for the most part.  But I am unable to get =xlqrhHighestClose and =xlqrhHighestCloseDate to provide anything except #ERROR on 2 positions: MEDFF, PNC-P.  All of my data comes from TDA, and all other formulae work correctly.

Is anybody else having this kind of problem?

Leo

Hi David

Let me know the symbols and the dates and I will try here, I am guessing that they do not have all the historic data resulting in a range error. If that is the case adjust the purchase date to be the earliest date they have for the symbols.

Regards

Leo

---In xlqusers@..., <dwstewart3@...> wrote :

Thanks, Rich.  I’ve tried using the format in the demo, and it still doesn’t work.  The way I’ve set it up with all of my positions is:

=xlqrhHighestClose(AX, FX)

Where column A contains the Symbol, column F contains the purchase date, and X is the row. 40 stocks work just fine, and these two don’t.  Not a huge deal, but it prevents me from automatically calculating my trailing stops.

David

I've got 42 positions across 3 portfolios, and they all behave well, for the most part.  But I am unable to get =xlqrhHighestClose and =xlqrhHighestCloseDate to provide anything except #ERROR on 2 positions: MEDFF, PNC-P.  All of my data comes from TDA, and all other formulae work correctly.

Is anybody else having this kind of problem?

David Stewart

Hi Leo,

The TDA symbols and purchase dates for the two positions that are providing the error are:

MEDFF 10/23/2017

PNC-P  4/13/2016

Several days ago, the error I was getting changed from #ERROR to #N/A.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,

David

I've got 42 positions across 3 portfolios, and they all behave well, for the most part.  But I am unable to get =xlqrhHighestClose and =xlqrhHighestCloseDate to provide anything except #ERROR on 2 positions: MEDFF, PNC-P.  All of my data comes from TDA, and all other formulae work correctly..

Is anybody else having this kind of problem?

Leo

Hi David

I tried both, neither return historic data from TDA, which is why it does not work.

Yahoo returns data for medff, but not pnc-p, and google returns for pnc-p, but not medff, so use the sources that work for each.