Topics

Problem with xlq.bridge.bridge

NMadson

Leo,

A few days ago I was having problems with Excel not being able to open files.  Then I received a message that said excel was having problems with xlq.bridge.bridge.  I allowed it to disable this program, but that didn't resolve the issue.  I attempted to install the latest version of XLQ, but had problems with the installation.  Frustrated, I went to bed and shut down the PC.  After rebooting the next morning, I again attempted to run xlqinstall62.exe and was successful.  I was able to run Excel for the next few days until this morning.

I attempted to open a file that has XLQ functions in it.  The file was slow to open.  There was a message that Excel was waiting for another application to complete an OLE action.  The I received a message that Excel was having problems with xlq.bridge.bridge.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Nolan Madson

Leo

Hi Nolan

I am not aware of any specific issues. The problem is likely due to a com message failing which could be due to something blocking. First thing to try is to either uninstall then reinstall, or delete the data files (use the delete all – once option in xlq preferences – general) as that will eliminate any issue of a data corruption.

If the problem continues you may need to send me more info (directly to me) to see if I can replicate it.

Regards

Leo