Topics

error #error_too_many_symbols_for_source

rpitcole@...

Using current version of XLQPlus with TDA data source and just received.  What is this?????

Jim Zeeb

I've  gotten this also when trying to retrieve the stock name

On 7/28/2020 at 2:06 PM, rpitcole@... wrote:
Using current version of XLQPlus with TDA data source and just received.  What is this?????

Vijay Singal

TDA has a limit of 600 symbols. If your spreadsheet has more, you will see this problem.  But, of course, Leo knows best.

Vijay

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 4:28 PM Jim Zeeb <jim@...> wrote:
I've  gotten this also when trying to retrieve the stock name

On 7/28/2020 at 2:06 PM, rpitcole@... wrote:
Using current version of XLQPlus with TDA data source and just received.  What is this?????

Jim Zeeb

Is that a limit on the total unique symbols or number of symbol formulas?

When I first got this error I had added one new symbol.  I went back and removed many unneeded symbols but that did not clear the error. I only get this error with the xlqName function. All other xlq formulas for that symbol work fine.

On 7/29/2020 at 12:43 AM, "Vijay Singal" <vijay.singal1@...> wrote:
TDA has a limit of 600 symbols. If your spreadsheet has more, you will see this problem.  But, of course, Leo knows best.

Vijay

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 4:28 PM Jim Zeeb <jim@...> wrote:
I've  gotten this also when trying to retrieve the stock name

On 7/28/2020 at 2:06 PM, rpitcole@... wrote:
Using current version of XLQPlus with TDA data source and just received.  What is this?????

Leo

Hi

Since 6.7 xlq works with a new interface with TDA which is limited to 500 streaming symbols, and you will see that error if you try to work with more, and should remove those you are no longer using via the stock manager.

The old feed had a soft cap of 600 symbols. Exceeding that, updates were no longer guaranteed.

If you need more symbols you can simultaneously use another source. Either another streaming source, or snapshot updates.

Regards

Leo

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 11:43 PM, Vijay Singal wrote:
TDA has a limit of 600 symbols. If your spreadsheet has more, you will see this problem.  But, of course, Leo knows best.

Vijay

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 4:28 PM Jim Zeeb <jim@...> wrote:
I've  gotten this also when trying to retrieve the stock name

On 7/28/2020 at 2:06 PM, rpitcole@... wrote:
Using current version of XLQPlus with TDA data source and just received.  What is this?????

Leo

Hi

The 500 symbol limit is per symbol for the streaming source (i.e. day formulae, not historic) so assume you are using  xlqname with tda (which adds the symbol to the stream).

Once a symbol is added for processing on the stream it will be processed until removed from the xlq stock manager, or xlq is restarted, i.e. changing it in your xls would not be sufficient.

Regards

Leo