From: xlqusers@...
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 10:14 AM
To: xlqusers@...
Subject: [xlqusers] Berkshire Hathaway

Hi-

Does anyone know how BRK A or B are coded in the TDA data stream?  On
the thinkorswim site it it BRK/A or BRK/B.  The same with the TDA web
site (I don't use their trading platform).  Those don't seem to work
with XLQ.  If I use BRK.B I get some data (current price) but not all
(name is missing, option bid/ask seem to be missing.)

Thanks,

-Tom

Tom McDaniel

That seems to work partially as I mentioned.  Maybe they don't provide the other information on the link?

On 07/27/18 12:01 PM, mepittman6@... [xlqusers] wrote:

I believe it is BRK.A and BRK.B.

Does anyone know how BRK A or B are coded in the TDA data stream?  On
the thinkorswim site it it BRK/A or BRK/B.  The same with the TDA web
site (I don't use their trading platform).  Those don't seem to work
with XLQ.  If I use BRK.B I get some data (current price) but not all
(name is missing, option bid/ask seem to be missing.)

Thanks,

-Tom

John Dorsey

BRK.B works for me with TDA source

On Jul 27, 2018, at 12:01 PM, mepittman6@... [xlqusers] <xlqusers@...> wrote:

I believe it is BRK.A and BRK.B.

Does anyone know how BRK A or B are coded in the TDA data stream?  On
the thinkorswim site it it BRK/A or BRK/B.  The same with the TDA web
site (I don't use their trading platform).  Those don't seem to work
with XLQ.  If I use BRK.B I get some data (current price) but not all
(name is missing, option bid/ask seem to be missing.)

Thanks,

-Tom

Leo

Hi Tom

I get name, bid, ask and all other info for brk.a and brk.b?

Regards

Leo

---In xlqusers@..., <tmtempe@...> wrote :

That seems to work partially as I mentioned.  Maybe they don't provide the other information on the link?

On 07/27/18 12:01 PM, mepittman6@... [xlqusers] wrote:

I believe it is BRK.A and BRK.B.

Does anyone know how BRK A or B are coded in the TDA data stream?  On
the thinkorswim site it it BRK/A or BRK/B.  The same with the TDA web
site (I don't use their trading platform).  Those don't seem to work
with XLQ.  If I use BRK.B I get some data (current price) but not all
(name is missing, option bid/ask seem to be missing.)

Thanks,

-Tom

Tom McDaniel

Hi Leo-

Today I am getting the name but I still am not getting bid and ask for the 195 put options

BRK.B_081718P195

-Tom

---In xlqusers@..., wrote :

That seems to work partially as I mentioned.  Maybe they don't provide the other information on the link?

On 07/27/18 12:01 PM, mepittman6@... [xlqusers] wrote:

I believe it is BRK.A and BRK.B.

Does anyone know how BRK A or B are coded in the TDA data stream?  On
the thinkorswim site it it BRK/A or BRK/B.  The same with the TDA web
site (I don't use their trading platform).  Those don't seem to work
with XLQ.  If I use BRK.B I get some data (current price) but not all
(name is missing, option bid/ask seem to be missing.)

Thanks,

-Tom

Al Eaton

You have to use a combination of Tickers.  BRK.A or BRK.b for TDA and then BRK-A or BRK-b for Yahoo to get all the data.

Leo

Hi Tom

For options, the symbol would be BRKB_081718P195

Regards

Leo