SSB RX recovery?

Dave Redfearn

I have a new to me G1M.
I updated it to the latest firmware and it seems to be working well.
I've noticed that the switchover from TX to RX in CW is very quick but in SSB it is very slow (1 - 2 seconds).
I can't tell if it is slow TX to RX switching or slow AGC recovery.

I have not been able to decypher any settings in the menu system to improve this.

Is there any way to speed up the RX switchover in SSB?

Thanks - Dave, N4ELM

Hi Dave,

I notice the same thing, it’s AGC recovery, and there isn’t any setting for it that I know for adjusting it. I checked into a 40 meter net the other day and by the time the AGC recovered I missed my acknowledgement, but it mostly works okay.

Joel
N6ALT

On Dec 7, 2021, at 1:00 PM, Dave Redfearn <n4elm@...> wrote:

I have a new to me G1M.
I updated it to the latest firmware and it seems to be working well.
I've noticed that the switchover from TX to RX in CW is very quick but in SSB it is very slow (1 - 2 seconds).
I can't tell if it is slow TX to RX switching or slow AGC recovery.

I have not been able to decypher any settings in the menu system to improve this.

Is there any way to speed up the RX switchover in SSB?

Thanks - Dave, N4ELM

pinolapine

I am glad you posted this. I was going to do the firmware upgrade, but was afraid of creating more problems.