Topics

ZOOM Session Yucca Valley

Clint Bradford

From Monte Andress -

Greetings Radio Friends,

Tuesday evening November 17, 2920 at 7:00pm PST, an exciting and informative Zoom meeting will take place. For you new hams consider this meeting to be an important first part of your Ham Boot Camp. Sponsored by The Yucaipa Valley Amateur Radio Club, the meeting will be conducted by Clint Bradford, K6LCS. Clint is a greatly experienced and highly respected authority on using 2 meter / 70 centimeter hand-held radios for satellite communications. His presentations are much in demand and we are very fortunate to have him with us on Zoom.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE ZOOM PROGRAM ON YOUR COMPUTER. [To get Zoom, Google Zoom and follow the instructions] I will send out instructions for how to connect with the meeting.

Using your HT with a $10 easy to build directional antenna YOU CAN, with a minimal investment, talk through the International Space Station (ISS).  NASA takes ham radio seriously.

NASA and the SpaceX-Dragon project just launched four individuals toward the ISS. They are ham-astronauts Michael Hopkins KF5LJG, Victor Glover KI5BKC, Soichi Noguchi KD5TVP, and Shannon Walker KD5DXB (Most astronauts are hams). They will be on ISS for the better part of 6 months so we hope for opportunities to have QSOs with these orbiting hams.

See you tomorrow on Zoom.

Dan Romanchik KB6NU

I'm just seeing this now as I get the daily digest. If you could post these more than a day in advance, perhaps more people could join the meeting.

Clint Bradford

I apologize - the Yucca Valley presentation  was intentionally not promoted "nationally."

Clint