Topics

Yaesu FT4X R

Steve R

HRO has this HT (Yaesu FT4XR) on sale for about a 100 bucks. Anyone know if this is a full duplex programmable radio (dual band) suitable for Sat ops?

I also noticed a new gen Baofeng, BF-F8HP with 8 watts. Anyone tried this HT yet?

Steve
VA3FLF

Clint Bradford

Split memories - page 21 or 22 of the U.S. manual - but definitely not a true, full-duplex HT.

Which feature(s) attracted you to this HT?

Clint

Steve R

I was ordering some coax and it came up on the sale banner. For a 100 bucks I was just wondering if it would be usable.

How about that 8 watt Baofeng? Anyone used it?

Looking to replace my TH-F6A but pocket not deep enough for the TH D72 yet.

Steve

On Aug 10, 2018, at 16:39, Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Split memories - page 21 or 22 of the U.S. manual - but definitely not a true, full-duplex HT.

Which feature(s) attracted you to this HT?

Clint

Jer W

Steve,
For what it is worth, I have the Kenwood TH-D72A full duplex receive HT and it was well worth saving for the extra cost.
Never had a problem with it.
One of my fellow hams sent his Chinese radio in for repair and it took 8 months to get it back.
I rest my case.

Jerry