Topics

Who is WB6NOA?

I guess our ages are showing (grin): I just received an email message, asking,
"Who is WB6NOA?"

WB6NOA - Gordon ("Gordo") West - is responsible for more hams receiving
their licenses than just about anyone else on the planet. From a bio found
elsewhere ...

It’s more than likely that there is not a Ham radio operator alive who has not
heard of the name “Gordon West” or his call sign WB6NOA. Its been said,
"Gordo" (as he prefers) has been the leading ham radio educator in the USA
for decades.

Gordo has been teaching radio and electronics for more than 40 years. His
fun approach to the material helps make learning a pleasure and easy to
recall for testing. He is a convention speaker, Dx’er, teacher and author.

Gordo obtained his first ticket at age 15 and has been involved in ham radio
for (sorry, Gordo, to cite this (grin)) nearly SIX decades. Those that have
seen the Gordon West booth at major exhibits and arenas, see first-hand
the quality material offered in training, and Gordo’s personal enthusiasm.

West has received the Hamvention, “Man of the Year” award and also
“Instructor of the Year” by the ARRL - and "Fellow of the Radio Club of
America" award. (As well as scores of other citations.)

Gordo has earned substantial respect throughout the ham community for
his clearly written and to-the-point study guides. He his wife, Suzy N6GLF,
is also well-known in the commercial licensing field and marine venues.

Writing books is only one aspect of Gordo West and his life-long dedication
to the amateur and public safety radio services.

Gordo volunteers with the American Red Cross communications team in
Orange County California. He also regularly offers free kids classes and
free classes for cities to support their CERT members.

His enthusiasm and energy is contagious. Few can keep up with him.
Gordo was quoted as stating, West said “We just finished one of the City
of [wherever] training sessions of their DCS and CERT folks. I get a huge
kick out of it and it keeps me motivated.”

You could say “Gordo is really a VIP!” He is the leading technical radio
instructor in the USA today!

So ... THAT'S a little bit about "Gordo." Come meet him in person in
Anaheim, CA on July 7, 2018 at Ham Radio Outlet, 933 N. Euclid,
Anaheim CA - just a half-mile south of the 91 freeway.

Clint Bradford
951-533-4984 - cell