Topics

Visit to HRO-Anaheim Today ...

Clint Bradford

Walked in to HRO-Anaheim this afternoon, and there was an announcement board for the upcoming HAM JAM on July 7, 2018.

HAM JAM has everything hams want: Vendors, sales, good food at great prices, new equipment, K6LCS satellite demos (grin),
and more! I came home tonight with one of those ZUMspot-RPi kits and case, and will have the PAPA association set it up for
me on July 7.

Then HRO Guru Extraordinaire Janet was gracious with her time, and spoke to my recovering wife ...

And then it was pointed out to me that Gordon West's new Technician Study Guide includes not only a color photograph
of me demonstrating workin' a bird at a convention, but also a citation of work-sat.com as a Resource for new ham. Where
Gordo snagged that photo is beyond me ... looks to be about 20 pounds ago ...

And then another store associate mentioned he saw me in this month's QST magazine (July, 2018). I have been a
Legacy Circle member for several years. Mary Hobart told me to (private joke, sorry). There are MANY ways you can
support the ARRL ...

Photos of the short trip at ...

https://groups.io/g/Work-Sat/album?id=60175

Clint

swmeow@...

Mas Gusto, Senor!   You are the best. Tough at the top, huh? I got your back , always.

gordo and suz

[...]

Heck - I forgot to mention that anyone who introduces themselves to me at the HRO-Anaheim HAM JAM will receive a gift!

Just say, “Hi!” and tell me you “know” me either from attending a presentation or bumping in to me online, and Vanna White - er, I mean, my wife, Karen - will reach in to our bag o’ goodies for you!!!

Bring your kids! Plenty of age-appropriate activities for them, too. And even if you do NOT know me, I have special gifts for students and kids - OUR FUTURE!

Clint

PS Any appropriate associations, agencies, or companies who want to “get involved” and get their name out in front of this audience and have 50 pieces to donate, call me. I will only accept appropriate items from respectable entities. -Clint Bradford (951) 533-4984

PPS Gordo and Suzi - thank you for your support these many years ... and especially now with our family health problem.

K5UNX

Clint: On the ZUMspot . .  I just put together a hotspot using a Raspoberry Pi and a DVMega. If you have not already, take a look at Pi-Star. It's easy to setup and get running. I did it in about an hour, which includes downloading the image and writing it to a SD card. The trick for me was learning enough about DMR to understand how to program my MD-380.

Wayne K5UNX

Clint Bradford

Thank you, Wayne!