Topics

Unique Arrow Antenna Last Week

Clint Bradford

My demo Arrow antenna was, well, a little "different" than a "stock" Arrow.
Welcome to my world. (grin)

- Antenna elements were painted in colors in tribute to autism research.

- A digital clock was added on the mast.

-It was hot that day - so a water bottle was added with - of course - TANG(tm)
orange-flavored drink.

-a USB battery pack added - for either a USB-powered fan, or for charging any other
similarly-powered device.

-of course, the ergonomically correct "handle" was there.

--as were "cue cards" for my audiences, indicating satellite name, and up/downlink
frequencies.

-and the HT "tray" to accommodate the HT in use.

-and an iPhone with PopSocket(tm) to watch GoSatWatch pass predictions..

Photos in the "Ham Jam Arrow" photo gallery here.

https://groups.io/g/Work-Sat/album?id=63513&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

"Why add this weight to the antenna?" - I was just advised that someone who watches every
syllable I write wrote elsewhere - in some sort of attempt to demean my activities.

THIS IS A FUN HOBBY. If you cannot grasp the concept of FUN and having a great time
working stations hundreds of miles away with a Watt or two - and having FUN doing it as
you show others how easy it can be - then perhaps you should pick another hobby with
which to spend your time.

And adding that Stanley(tm) handle to ANY setup of Arrow IMPROVES the ergonomic
relationship between the "tool" (antenna) and one's muscular/skeletal structure (as already
cited by experts offered in earlier posts. (As well as personal experience: The ergonomic
position of my wrist and elbow and shoulder are MUCH more comfortable using that
handle than by NOT using that handle. But ANYone can research that relationship between
"tool" and physiology and discover that FACT for themselves. (I already cited sources for
you ... )

Quoting another post recently:

"Hi Clint. It appears that this individual who continues to criticize you about your success needs
to pursue another hobby. Your PRICELESS knowledge of the Amateur Radio SATS have helped
many of us to enjoy another part of the world's greatest hobby."

"Thanks for for input and your valuable time that you devote to Amateur Radio."

Do I hold a bottle of Tang(tm) and always have my iPhone mounted on the Arrow when I
privately work the birds? Usually not. Does the addition of a historic drink, showing off
an iOS app or two on the iPhone, and offering "cue cards" with sat names and freqs add
to the enjoyment of my audiences? You betcha.

Clint

Terrance Shimkus

Edited

Digging the usb powered fan!  I love those portable power packs.

As always been telling hams about your website.

Btw, Hawaiian shirts are only for those who enjoy life, being happy, love kith and kin, our land.... and of course working sats.

73 all