Topics

Trees vs Open Spaces ?

Paul Ecker <eckerpw@...>

So is it even worth trying to work any of the current FM birds from using an Arrow antenna from my QTH  that is surrounded by very tall pine trees. Or do I really need to drive to a large open field, to have any reasonable success?

73 Pau

Clint Bradford

I would certainly try AO-91 and AO-92!

AO-91 is always in UHF UP - VHF DOWN mode ... '92 switches to 1.2gHZ UP - VHF DOWN
for a day a week ...

Randy Schulze

I've seen people working Sats with an Arrow Antenna while indoors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW9rxdNT5H0

Randy Schulze
KDØHKD
Kansas City, Missouri

--

Paul Ecker <eckerpw@...>

Clint & Randy - thanks for the help and info

73 Paul w2eck