Topics

Tang in a Liquid Concentrate???

Clint Bradford

Tang organge-flavorted drink has an interesting history.

Sales of Tang were poor until NASA used it on John Glenn's Mercury flight in
February 1962,
 and subsequent Gemini missions.

Since then, it has been closely associated with the U.S.
manned spaceflight
program, leading to the misconception that Tang was invented for the space program.

Currently, there us a liquid concentrate Tang - wonderfully ironic in that the original
project was to develop a dry, powdered drink mix.

More history of Tang here (just FYI, it tastes like Orange Crush, but without the carbonation).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tang_(drink)

Clint Bradford

From TMZ: Houston we have a Tang problem ...

Buzz Aldrin
 says his anti-Tang comment ("Tang sucks") was blown WAY
out of proportion and he has no problem with the spaceman juice.

TMZ ran into Buzz at LAX and just had to know what was up with his
"
Tang sucks" declaration while presenting during Spike TV's Guys
Choice Awards

The 2nd man on the moon gets was a little annoyed about the whole
thing and said his comment was just a joke ... not meant to be taken
seriously.

Buzz also explained how he allegedly enjoyed Tang up in space ...

--------------------

I can understand his reluctance to state something like, "It's the best drink ever!"
Apparently subsequent drinks and astronauts profited from product endorsements -
much more so than Aldrin ever did as he promoted Tang to the planet. Er, planets.

AF7ZA

No doubt it sucks, as did every other liquid they consumed. Can’t Pour liquid in Micro Gravity, you have to suck it out with a straw.
73
Bill AF7ZA

On Jul 15, 2018, at 12:52 18PM, Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

From TMZ: Houston we have a Tang problem ...

[...]

Another Web site left it to their readers to be live that Aldrin "hated" Tang.

Glad I clarified that for readers ... wouldn't want that misinformation to be left
out there for others to believe.

Aldrin wants us to get to Mars.

Buzz Aldrin’s ShareSpace Foundation

Is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring children’s passions
for science, technology, engineering, arts and math by providing innovative,
interactive educational tools to educators across the country.

https://buzzaldrin.com