Topics

Switching VHF and UHF antenna feeds between 2 radios

Don Solberg

I am setting up my satellite station and have a question regarding antenna switching between radios.  I will be using an SDR play for the receiver and a Yaesu FT-857 for the transmitter.  I am running one hardline from my tower to the shack into a Diamond MX-72D duplexer.  Right now I am manually switching the coax lines from the VHF or UHF output of the duplexer to the appropriate radio.

I would like to make this an easier process.  Can anyone recommend manual coax switches that could be used in thie configuration?

73,

Don K9AQ

Siegfried Jackstien

you should route out the if of your yaesu to your sdr ... then the internal and external receiver (the sdr) have the same signal

no need to switch antennas then

greetz sigi dg9bfc

ps ... sync of sdr and yaesu via cat is then icing on the cake :-)

Am 08.11.2020 um 17:32 schrieb Don Solberg:

I am setting up my satellite station and have a question regarding antenna switching between radios.  I will be using an SDR play for the receiver and a Yaesu FT-857 for the transmitter.  I am running one hardline from my tower to the shack into a Diamond MX-72D duplexer.  Right now I am manually switching the coax lines from the VHF or UHF output of the duplexer to the appropriate radio.

I would like to make this an easier process.  Can anyone recommend manual coax switches that could be used in thie configuration?

73,

Don K9AQ

Don Solberg

I want to use the SDR as a second radio so that I can operate full duplex.  I couldn't do that if I fed the IF out of the Yaesu.  I have both the Yaesu 857 and HPSDR CAT connected fo SatPC32.  My antenna rotator is also interfaced to SatPC32.  I just am looking for a better way to switch the VH and UHF antennas.  That will probably be a short term solution until I buy an Icom 9700.

Don
K9AQ