Topics

switching between terrestrial and celestial use

Fred Hillhouse

Greetings,

I normally use my D72 mostly for APRS (A) and 146.52 (B). This weekend showed me that I could possibly use a quick guide to switch easily between my normal operation and the abby-normal (satellite).

What are you doing the switch between them?

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

Summarizing ...

-Use VFO B for TX
-VFO A for RX (it has better sensitivity)
-balanced audio all the way to VFO A
-open squelch for VFO A
-5W transmit
-turn DUPlex on

Fred Hillhouse

Thank you!

My photo capture had a lot of green tones. I suspect it was the open audio on B. I didn’t set to DUP since I was only receiving but I had open squelch on A and B (can’t know why). Oh well, have to wait for another opportunity to try SSTV again.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

-VFO A for RX (it has better sensitivity)
-balanced audio all the way to VFO A
-open squelch for VFO A
-5W transmit
-turn DUPlex on

I was using a half duplex radio and also got green tones. I think it is more antenna choice, however the tones were clear.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod