Topics

SO-50 Milestone

Clint Bradford

Marking the longest uninterrupted operation of a satellite in space. Today, the Saudi satellite SO-50 marks its 18th year since it was launched in space.

David Spoelstra

I wish AO-91 had the batteries SO-50 has!
-David, N9KT

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 10:27 AM Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Marking the longest uninterrupted operation of a satellite in space. Today, the Saudi satellite SO-50 marks its 18th year since it was launched in space.

Clint Bradford

Well, we "demanded" more from '91 (and '51) as far as projects and power consumption ...

David Spoelstra

Yes we did. My FM sats New Year's wish is that Neutron-1 gets commissioned soon and CAS-5A, CAS-7A, CAS-7C, and Tevel get launched and commissioned. If all those happen,
then the loss of AO-91 won't be so bad.
-David, N9KT