Topics

Shack Power Supply

Clint Bradford

The Samlex SEC-1223 is an excellent power supply. I use them and
recommended/sold them while working both for HRO and Motorola.

But I just noticed that the SEC-1235M - with meters - in ONLY FIVE
DOLLARS more - at HRO.

Just FYI ...

Randy Schulze

As seen in CQ Magazine...

Need I say more!  ;-)

Randy Schulze
KDØHKD
Kansas City, Missouri

--

G Hopper

Clint,
I'm not where I can look at the ARRL archives.  Was that one of the switching power supplies that the ARRL labs examined and reviewed years back?

73,
Grant
KB7WSD

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 12:26 PM Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
The Samlex SEC-1223 is an excellent power supply. I use them and
recommended/sold them while working both for HRO and Motorola.

But I just noticed that the SEC-1235M - with meters - in ONLY FIVE
DOLLARS more - at HRO.

Just FYI ...

Clint Bradford

Wow - what a great memory, Grant!

From 2009 ...

http://www.centralmiarc.com/docs/Reviews/dj175t.pdf

G Hopper

Clint, Thanks for posting both the original 'idea' and the article.

It was on my mind to encourage a few newer hams to take some time right now to add resources to their stations and a solid power supply was on the list.

The 30A continuous output of the 1235M and $145 shipped seems to make it the deal of the day.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 12:41 PM Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wow - what a great memory, Grant!

From 2009 ...

http://www.centralmiarc.com/docs/Reviews/dj175t.pdf