Topics

Sats cheat sheet for field day

PETER HEAD

So I was about to start putting together a quick reference sheet for field day and I realized I might be re-inventing the wheel.

Does anyone have a quick sheet that can be used to quick reference the best Sats for Field Day?

I've attempted the last two years and haven't made a successful contact yet, so this year I want to be over prepared. Especially if someone wants to help, I want to be able to get information to them quick since it starts to draw attention when you start pointing an Arrow at the sky.

I was going to put down the Sat name, Uplink/Downlink, and what I'm still looking for is a place to get a chart based on the keps that will show me the passes for field day at our location. If there's anything else you think would be handy, let me know. Or as I mentioned before, if you already have something feel free to share.
-Peter

--
KC2ASA (active on APRS - try Voice Alert or send a MSG)
Skywarn Spotter# 13-249NYC

Clint Bradford

AO-91, AO-85, SO-50 - up and running for you.

And we need to watch whether AO-92 will be in 2M uplink or 1.2GHz uplink.

Freq sheet for you on the front/main page of work-sat.com

Clint

Jer W

Can anyone tell me what program do I use to download the Keperlian?
Jerry

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Clint Bradford
<clintbradford@...> wrote:
AO-91, AO-85, SO-50 - up and running for you.

And we need to watch whether AO-92 will be in 2M uplink or 1.2GHz uplink.

Freq sheet for you on the front/main page of work-sat.com

Most of the current sat tracking programs already do that for you!

For the raw data, see the links on the TRACKING page at ..

http://www.work-sat.com

Jer W

Clint,

I have both HRD and RadioCom6.  Would you you if I download the Keplerian program into
either one of these programs?

Jerry

On Friday, June 15, 2018 6:20 PM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Most of the current satbtrackijg programs already do that for you!

for the raw data, see the links on the TRACKING page at ..

http://www.work-sat.com

Doesn’t HRD and its satellite module have an “import Keps” option?

https://support.hamradiodeluxe.com/kb/faq.php?cid=5

Clint Bradford

What is your event’s Grid Square and City/State?

Jer W

I will check it out shortly. Thanks.

Jerry

On Friday, June 15, 2018 9:43 PM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Doesn’t HRD and its satellite module have an “import Keps” option?

PETER HEAD

Thanks for the frequency chart. For some reason it wasn’t obvious when I looked before. Fortunately I have a 1.2ghz capable HT now so that would be cool if that happened.

So I have Gpredict right now, (I'm open to suggestions) I can’t find AO-85/Fox1A there for some reason. I can find it fine in my iOS apps, but those are more for the immediate use and I’m trying to get a list of predicted passes.

I want to get a list of the passes for field day in an easy to print format. Ultimately I’ll print it on the reverse side of the frequencies and laminate it.

Is there a simple way to do this? I’m fine with a website. It looks like the N2YO site might do this but I’m on a phone at the moment and can’t change it off the ISS.

-Peter

--

On Jun 15, 2018, at 21:46, Jer W <jplanner@...> wrote:

I will check it out shortly. Thanks.

Jerry

On Friday, June 15, 2018 9:43 PM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Doesn’t HRD and its satellite module have an “import Keps” option?

Clint Bradford

GPredict is great.

AO-85 was deployed from a military mission, so not all sources of Kelperian data show it.

AMSAT-NA has them - on the TRACKING page at work-sat.com

And here is how to add ‘85 to GPredict ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amsat-uk.org/2013/11/23/adding-new-satellites-to-satpc32/amp/

Clint Bradford

0 AO-85
1 40967U 15058D   18165.35368713  .00000031  00000-0  21712-4 0 03582
2 40967 064.7775 199.8753 0206845 314.5145 043.9258 14.75721500053230