From: Work-Sat@groups.io [mailto:Work-Sat@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brad Smith via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2020 4:50 PM
To: Work-Sat@groups.io
Subject: [Work-Sat] Satellite Model

Today, my full size AMSAT satellite replica arrived in the mail. The model is made up of 3D printed plastic parts. This was a fund raiser for AMSAT, with every dollar going directly to AMSAT Engineering.

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

Randal Rutkowski

How cool!!!
Thanks
Randy
KM6RBG

On Jul 9, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

Very cool!

Today, my full size AMSAT satellite replica arrived in the mail. The model is made up of 3D printed plastic parts. This was a fund raiser for AMSAT, with every dollar going directly to AMSAT Engineering.

<image001.jpg>

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

Stefan Wagener

Glad you like it!

73, Stefan VE4SW

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 5:22 PM Randal Rutkowski <randyrutkowski@...> wrote:
How cool!!!
Thanks
Randy
KM6RBG

On Jul 9, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

Very cool!

Today, my full size AMSAT satellite replica arrived in the mail. The model is made up of 3D printed plastic parts. This was a fund raiser for AMSAT, with every dollar going directly to AMSAT Engineering.

<image001.jpg>

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

I really do like it. I can use it for teaching hams. Will keep it right next to my AO-85 medallion.  Thank you.

73 Brad KC9UQR

In a message dated 7/9/2020 5:40:23 PM Central Standard Time, wageners@... writes:

Glad you like it!

73, Stefan VE4SW

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 5:22 PM Randal Rutkowski <randyrutkowski@...> wrote:
How cool!!!
Thanks
Randy
KM6RBG

On Jul 9, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

Very cool!

Today, my full size AMSAT satellite replica arrived in the mail. The model is made up of 3D printed plastic parts. This was a fund raiser for AMSAT, with every dollar going directly to AMSAT Engineering.

<image001.jpg>

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

ted_iglehart@...

Have the donations and ability to receive a model ended?  I have wanted one for years

Yes/KF5END

On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 6:28 PM, Brad Smith via groups.io <corlissbs@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Ted,

They are all gone, I only made 12 of these. One went to Erich Eichman DK1TB for his SATPC32 work and the rest went to AMSAT as a fundraiser.

Now, you can find a very simple version on Thingiverse if you have someone that can 3D print it for you: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2678597

73, Stefan VE4SW

On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 6:28 PM, Brad Smith via groups.io <corlissbs=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Here's a cool page with some DIY satellite models to create ...

https://funcube.org.uk/overview/model/

(Thank you, Christy 'LTY!)