Topics

Satellite Model

Brad Smith

Today, my full size AMSAT satellite replica arrived in the mail. The model is made up of 3D printed plastic parts. This was a fund raiser for AMSAT, with every dollar going directly to AMSAT Engineering.

Sent from Brad's iPod

Fred Hillhouse

Very cool!

From: Work-Sat@groups.io [mailto:Work-Sat@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brad Smith via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2020 4:50 PM
To: Work-Sat@groups.io
Subject: [Work-Sat] Satellite Model

Today, my full size AMSAT satellite replica arrived in the mail. The model is made up of 3D printed plastic parts. This was a fund raiser for AMSAT, with every dollar going directly to AMSAT Engineering.

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Randal Rutkowski

How cool!!!
Thanks
Randy
KM6RBG

On Jul 9, 2020, at 1:53 PM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

Very cool!

From: Work-Sat@groups.io [mailto:Work-Sat@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brad Smith via groups.io

<image001.jpg>

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Stefan Wagener

Glad you like it!

73, Stefan VE4SW

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 5:22 PM Randal Rutkowski <randyrutkowski@...> wrote:
How cool!!!
Thanks
Randy
KM6RBG

Very cool!

<image001.jpg>

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Brad Smith

I really do like it. I can use it for teaching hams. Will keep it right next to my AO-85 medallion.  Thank you.

73 Brad KC9UQR

In a message dated 7/9/2020 5:40:23 PM Central Standard Time, wageners@... writes:

Glad you like it!

73, Stefan VE4SW

How cool!!!
Thanks
Randy
KM6RBG

Very cool!

<image001.jpg>

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

www.avast.com

ted_iglehart@...

Have the donations and ability to receive a model ended?  I have wanted one for years 

Yes/KF5END 

On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 6:28 PM, Brad Smith via groups.io <corlissbs@...> wrote:

I really do like it. I can use it for teaching hams. Will keep it right next to my AO-85 medallion.  Thank you.

73 Brad KC9UQR

In a message dated 7/9/2020 5:40:23 PM Central Standard Time, wageners@... writes:

Glad you like it!

73, Stefan VE4SW

How cool!!!
Thanks
Randy
KM6RBG

Very cool!

<image001.jpg>

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Stefan Wagener

Hi Ted, 

They are all gone, I only made 12 of these. One went to Erich Eichman DK1TB for his SATPC32 work and the rest went to AMSAT as a fundraiser. 

Now, you can find a very simple version on Thingiverse if you have someone that can 3D print it for you: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2678597

73, Stefan VE4SW

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 4:32 AM ted_iglehart via groups.io <ted_iglehart=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Have the donations and ability to receive a model ended?  I have wanted one for years 

Yes/KF5END 

On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 6:28 PM, Brad Smith via groups.io <corlissbs=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

73 Brad KC9UQR

Glad you like it!

73, Stefan VE4SW

How cool!!!
Thanks
Randy
KM6RBG

Very cool!

<image001.jpg>

Sent from Brad's iPod

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Clint Bradford

Here's a cool page with some DIY satellite models to create ...

https://funcube.org.uk/overview/model/

(Thank you, Christy 'LTY!)