Topics

Satellite Capability Just added to Geochron Digital 4K UHD

Mike Scott

Just a info update here (not adv/or endorsing product) though I do have one which my XYL gave me as a birthday present  (much better choice than socks etc). The thing I did want to pass on is that the digital model now has added Satellite capability which is of relevance to this group. The box had ISS from day one when I got it but I just did a software update this morning and there was the promised Satellite add. All the different satellite categories (Amateur, Military, GOES,) etc.  You can hide them all or simply display the birds that you want...you can vary the time length on their tail for display purposes, different colors, labels etc..all variable in size etc.  I was very pleased to see this add since it was one of the main reasons I wanted this display (best display on UHD monitors/TV's but works fine on 1080 display) for my large wall mounted monitor in the shack.....plus at $400 it was way cheaper than the $4K mechanical model (which doesn't have sats) and my XYL figured out she had such a deal over the $4K version.  Anyway its a really nice add to any shack or anything like a emergency operations center or techie board room etc !!!  The link is http://www.geochron.com/4k/ for those that might be thinking xmas toys etc !!!
73's
KH6GOZ

Clint Bradford

When I worked for HRO-Anaheim in 2006-ish, we had the huge GeoChron framed clock on our wall ... VERY impressive.

THANK YOU for this update!

Clint

PS Yes, much better than socks ... (grin)

Mike Scott

This one you can put on the biggest, baddest , (not a word I know) highest def monitor or tv you can find and blow the socks of the mechanical version (though that is a very unique piece of machinery) but oh so limited compared to this thing…which takes up no space.  I was so pleased to see them add the full satellite capability (as they had promised)…with more stuff coming I’m told…they even take suggestions for new add’s /mods.

I love mine..and xyl loves the price…who knew..an xyl can like something related to amateur radio !!!!

73’s

KH6GOZ