Radios for Sat operation

Phil Zminda

While raising money to buy an ICOM IC-705, I sold off my old FT-60, which I had successfully used a few times with SO-50 and AO-91. I have an Anyone 868 that I had bought for DMR and use with a hotspot. I programmed SO-50 and AO-91 in the 868 and tried an SO-50 pass with no success. I'll have to try a few more times. My antenna is an Elk log periodic. I am considering getting another HT, such as another FT-60 or FT-70 as probably a better choice for Sat work and analog FM in general. The FT-70 would also give me C4FM. Anyone using the 868, 878 or FT-70 for sat operation. I also might try the IC-705 but mostly been using it for HF and a couple FM nets. Any comments on these radios appreciated.

Phil N3ZP