Topics

Radio Question

Brad Smith

Do any of you use an Icom ID-51 to work the birds and is that radio even capable of receiving on one band and transmitting on the other?

Brad KC9UQR

Clint Bradford

From my email saved stuff:

“For satellite use, I was not impressed. It is easy to change between the Main and Sub VFO's but it didn't pass the full-duplex test at full power. I didn't give it a thorough evaluation but I would definitely mark it off my list of suggested radios for someone wanting a full-duplex HT. I'd say get a Kenwood TH-D72 if you're hell bent on buying a new full-duplex HT.”

nino gualdoni

unfortunately when trasmitting the ID51 mutes the band not in use. the 5100 (mobile transceiver) is full duplex.

73 de IU5HIW Nino