Topics

Quick Programming Guides

Clint Bradford

I wrote these one-page “cheat sheets” several years ago. I was tired of wading through scores of pages of manuals to get to what I REALLY needed (Grin).

If your rig is not listed, you can easily make up your own. They are all based on answering these questions (which are NEVER printed in manuals’ page 1-3 ... the basics we need to know are spread throughout):

How to get to VFO mode
How to enter a frequency
How to enter an offset, if necessary
How to set up a CTCSS/DCS tone, if necessary
And, of course: how to commit this all to a memory location

You are welcome to use any of my “quick programming guides” for personal use, and/or to include in your club’s library of docs for all. They are posted on the DOCS page at ...

http://www.k6lcs.com

Models so far ...

KENWOOD Cheat Sheets
TH-G71A, TH-F6A, TM-271A, TM-G707A, TH-D7A, TH-K2AT, and TM-D700. (106 kb .pdf)

KENWOOD TH-F6A Service Manual
Kenwood discontinued this “part” - and offered us the .pdf copy at no charge for this wonderful HT.

ICOM HT Cheat Sheets
IC-R20, IC-T2H, IC-T7H, IC-T81A, IC-T90, IC-V8, IC-U82, IC-V82, IC-W2, IC-W32, IC-Z1A. (631 kb .pdf)

ICOM Mobile Cheat Sheets
IC-207H, IC-208H, IC-706, IC-706MKII, IC-706MKIIG, IC-910, IC-2100, IC-2720, IC-V8000. (590 kb .pdf)

Clint K6LCS
909-999-SATS

Jer W

Great site for our ‘D72!

Clint,
  Does anyone have a cheat sheet on the Kenwood  TH-D72A? My 2M antenna is completed. Finishing the 70cm antenna so I can work the Sats. For the antenna designs, I used k7mem.com site for all the calculations. It even sketches a pic of the antenna with all the dimensions. Let me know what you think of it and it's free.
Jerry...W8RQM