Topics

Question on receive quality for FM satellite

Hayward - K5HMG

Looking to upgrade HT for FM satellites and wondering between FT-60 and FT-70 (not a question about digital modes).   Just wondering about others thoughts on which one had the best front end receive quality for the birds.

Hayward - K5HMG

z_ kevino <z_kevino@...>

My choice would be Kenwood TH-D72

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

On Jun 28, 2019, at 17:51, Hayward - K5HMG <hayward@...> wrote:

Looking to upgrade HT for FM satellites and wondering between FT-60 and FT-70 (not a question about digital modes).   Just wondering about others thoughts on which one had the best front end receive quality for the birds.

Hayward - K5HMG

Jerry Rappel

I use an Yaesu FT470R.

WW0E

To: Work-Sat@groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 4:19:25 PM
Subject: [Work-Sat] Question on receive quality for FM satellite

Hayward - K5HMG

Jer W

I also use the Kenwood TH-D72A. Great for the SATS and repeaters.
I has duplex receive.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Friday, June 28, 2019, 6:34:14 PM EDT, z_ kevino <z_kevino@...> wrote:

My choice would be Kenwood TH-D72

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

On Jun 28, 2019, at 17:51, Hayward - K5HMG <hayward@...> wrote:

Hayward - K5HMG

Clint Bradford

Either will receive fine.

Improve the antenna - several DIY projects on the ANTENNAS page at work-sat.com

The FT-60 has a better battery setup. And a better wide RX. And a stronger case build.

Hayward Gaude

Thanks for the feedback all!

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 5:49 PM Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Either will receive fine.

Improve the antenna - several DIY projects on the ANTENNAS page at work-sat.com

The FT-60 has a better battery setup. And a better wide RX. And a stronger case build.