Topics

Quadrifilar 2 meter antenna

Chuck Freeman

I am looking to buy a 2 meter Quadrifilar antenna. I have found some for the weather satellites but none for 2 meters. Construction of one is out of the question since I am handicapped .please let me know of anyone that sells these antennas. You can email me directly at w0cbf@... if desired. A used or homemade one would not be out of the question. 73's Chuck W0CBF

Clint Bradford

Don't have a source for you immediately ... But I'd like to now how this design
caught you eye and interest!?

Clint

Siegfried Jackstien

Outch... Better build one
Dg9bfc sigi

Am 27.01.2021 22:24 schrieb David Spoelstra <davids@...>:

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 2:48 PM Chuck Freeman via groups.io <w0cbf=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am looking to buy a 2 meter Quadrifilar antenna. I have found some for the weather satellites but none for 2 meters. Construction of one is out of the question since I am handicapped .please let me know of anyone that sells these antennas. You can email me directly at w0cbf@... if desired. A used or homemade one would not be out of the question. 73's Chuck W0CBF

Chuck Freeman

I had used one of these antennas for the LEO Weather stats many years ago with good results. Just want something I can easily mount to work the ham sats.

T W

On 27 Jan 2021, at 16:50, Chuck Freeman via groups.io <w0cbf@...> wrote:

I had used one of these antennas for the LEO Weather stats many years ago with good results. Just want something I can easily mount to work the ham sats.

M0PWX

QFH antennas are easy enough to make, quite a few plans online but they
are fiddly

they are also mainly used for NOAA WX sat reception as they are for
circular polarised signals

an easier antenna to make with similar properties is the turnstile
antenna, also a lot easier to make and tune

peter

2E0PWX

This email has been scanned by iomartcloud.
http://www.iomartcloud.com/

KC9REN

If you take the time to read Chuck's message, he states he is handicapped and making an antenna is out of the question. I found a site that makes QFH antennas and a friend of mine here in Milwaukee, WI has purchased a couple of these and says they seem to work pretty good. Here is a URL link of that site. The other option would be if someone made one for Chuck to use. I see Chuck lives in SHAWNEE MISSION, KS. Anyone near him that could build a QFH or any other antenna he could use to listen to the birds?
https://www.antennas.us/uc-1464-531-vhf-qfh-amateur-satellite-antenna.html
Chuck, look this site over and see what they have to offer.
Dean
KC9REN

M0PWX

appologies Dean,

i missed the fact chuck was not able to build antenna's

peter

2E0PWX

This email has been scanned by iomartcloud.
http://www.iomartcloud.com/

KC9REN

Not a problem. We all tend to skim over sometimes. This was not directed towards you specifically, I was trying to mention to several people at the same time. maybe I didn't do the reply thing at the correct location. My hope is that someone would be able to help Chuck out somehow though or he might be able to purchase a QFH from either the site I suggested or another site that makes and sells QFH antennas.
Dean KC9REN