Programming FT817 with Chirp

Steve R

I am trying to set up my817 for satellite to try on Field Day. I am using Chirp.

Question:

Is Frequency my transmit(uplink) and using split, the Offset is the Receive (downlink)? Or am I backwards? I think I am right since that is the only option to but in Tone.

Steve
VA3FLF

Clint Bradford

Correct - split freqs - Tone Encode - TX is UPlink and RX from satellite is DOWNlink.

NOT TSQ - Just enabled on TX.

Steve R

We are jenusees !! haha.  Thanks Clint. I assembled my Arrow that hasn't had any use in 4 years. I still have my Kenwood TH-F6 but I saw you had used your 817 before. I will be working QRP using my 817 for FD anyway, so what the heck...give it a try.

It looks like I have two or three good chances with ISS Xband and one good one for SO50 during FD up here at FN02. I will have to check the AO's..

Steve

VA3FLF