Topics

Pro-Sat question

CatzMeow

So, I picked up ProSat last night and have been monkeying with it, does anyone else use it?

Here are my questions -

Is there a way to remove the 'sight' limitation...meaning, this program seems designed for folks that want to 'see' satellites, which means it's filtering out anything that flies over during the day (sun > -6 degrees)...if I understand Clint's presentation correctly, I can hit the birds during daylight hours (I'm guessing interference would be greater, but it's still possible, no?)

I can't seem to find AO-50 on the list, is it hiding somewhere? Which leads to another question, is there a way to search sats rather than browse?

Regular Keplerian Question, I think: What does the following mean: AOS, TCA, and LOS?

Is there a way to 'flag' birds (50 & 51) to let me know when they'll pass by me?

I'm going to keep poking around, but figured I'd start here.

Thanks,
-Ed-

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

Is there a way to remove the 'sight' limitation ...
Under Preferences, I have entered "5" degrees for Minimum Elevation.

... I can hit the birds during daylight hours (I'm guessing interference would be greater, but it's still possible, no?)
Day or evening, the FM birds work well!

... I can't seem to find AO-50 on the list, is it hiding somewhere?
If you are downloading the "Amateur Radio" set, it's listed as "Echo (AO-51)."

... What does the following mean: AOS ...
ACQUISITION of Signal - as the sat rises ...

... TCA ...
Time of Closest Approach - when the sat is closest to you.

... LOS?
Loss of Signal - as the bird descends.

Clint

CatzMeow

K, figured it out...

The "sight" limitation question was about making it show me birds even if the sun is out. I changed the "Sun Max Elevation" field to "90", I think that did it.

I was missing "AO-50" because it's actually "SO-50"...

I do have a question about AO-51, though...but I'll post that in a different thread.

Thanks for your help.