Topics

Printable satellite passes? #Work-Sat #Work-Sats

Zack N8FNR

I am going to be operating FM mobile from the the following grids later in  the year; EN84, EN75, EN76, FN41, FN42, FN51 and FN52 using a Kenwood TH-D72a and an Arrow II antenna. Will hopefully be operating on SO-50, AO-91 and AO-92 or whatever is working then.

Is there an online site that I can generate satellite passes for these grids based on certain days? I would like to print out passes for just days when I will be in those grids then I can put reminders in my phone for those passes. I will be using an Android app on my phone to manage the actual passes BTW.

Thanks
Zack
N8FNR

Clint Bradford

GoSatWatch for iOS allows that ... So does PocketSat+ for Android/iOS ...

Clint

Jer W

To Zack N8FNR,
I just sent you an e-mail concerning the Kenwood TH-D72A.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Sunday, March 3, 2019, 9:05:16 PM EST, Zack N8FNR <mrzaax@...> wrote:

I am going to be operating FM mobile from the the following grids later in  the year; EN84, EN75, EN76, FN41, FN42, FN51 and FN52 using a Kenwood TH-D72a and an Arrow II antenna. Will hopefully be operating on SO-50, AO-91 and AO-92 or whatever is working then.

Is there an online site that I can generate satellite passes for these grids based on certain days? I would like to print out passes for just days when I will be in those grids then I can put reminders in my phone for those passes. I will be using an Android app on my phone to manage the actual passes BTW.

Thanks
Zack
N8FNR

Steve Rosman

Check out Heavens Above on Android. Let’s you select satellites and dates for full pass information.
Enjoy.
73.
:Steve KA2YRA
KA2YRA@...

Terry Godley

Amsat.org. go to predictions
N6AJ

Clint Bradford

AMSAT is a good source - but only allows up to 50 “next passes” data.

Brad Smith

Jerry:

Your message sparked my interest, as I recently bought a Kenwood TH-D72A. Do you have some tips for using it?

Brad Smith
KC9UQR

In a message dated 3/3/2019 8:18:41 PM Central Standard Time, jplanner@... writes:

[...]

For the FM voice birds ...

Summarizing ...

-Use VFO B for TX
-VFO A for RX (it has better sensitivity)
-balanced audio all the way to VFO A
-open squelch for VFO A
-5W transmit
-DUPlex mode ON