Portable setup 817/d74 upgrade?

Alfonse Tobia, AJ2I

Hi all

currently I’m using a 817 and a Kenwood d74 to work linear birds portable. It works well and usually gets the job done. I’ve seen many use dual 817 instead. Is there any advantage to this setup over what I have?

Paul R. Stoetzer

Other than tuning ergonomics being superior on the 817, I’d say no. The D74 has a fantastic receiver.

73,

Paul, N8HM