Topics

Plug - if you don't mind

Floyd Bixler

Clint, I have you a quick plug on the ISSFanClub website to a young'un trying to reach the ISS with a "tactical" J-pole.
Hope you don't mind.

If he needed a place for more info, only your site comes to mind.

73,
Floyd
WD8DUP/DA1VF

Clint Bradford

Thank you!

JPoles - by design - have little gain ... one can probably hear the downlinks on 2m from ‘85, ‘91 and ‘92 with one.

Clint

Floyd Bixler

While I have your attention.  Do you know of anyone who has actually built the "Cheap and Easy Satellite Antennas" from a series of articles by N2SPI in the AMSAT Journals from 2006?  Just curious.

One last question:  in the HT programming guide for the "Easy Sats" the SO-50 list shows the transmit tone to be 67.0 Hz except in channel 503 where it lists 74.4 Hz.  Am I missing something?

Tks again.  Great website.  I probably missed you at Dayton.  It was my first time there.  But, I go to Friedrichshafen Ham Fest every year for the last several.

73 , Floyd WD8DUP/DA1VF

Fred Hillhouse

SO-50 has two input tones, one is to start a 10 timer and the other for actual communications.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH